“New Year, New Me”..?
How many of us have made this declaration, but failed to uphold such goals, expectations or resolutions?
(Raises hand slowly) I have!
I am sad to say, but I am one of the individuals in this world who has gone through an entire year without accomplishing the goals I created for the new year. Seriously yall. For 2015, I literally made a list of things I wanted to accomplish:
- Get my license.
- Start my blog.
- Be a better listener.
- Fast every 3 months from social media.
- Finish 3 books.
- Grow in Christ.
I really only accomplished one thing from this list which was starting a blog. Yeah, I know what you might be thinking, “At least you accomplished something”, but completing 1 out of 7 goals just wasn’t sitting well with me. I had to starting thinking, “Where did the time go? I had so many goals/plans and hadn’t even fully completed one. What was wrong with me?”
Is my story helping some of you recall the goals you’ve forgotten about? Honestly, it’s not even about WHAT you have not finished, but WHY you have not finished.
What is getting in the way of our goals? Here’s the revelation friends: We aren’t reaching our goals because of the TOXIC distractions we allow in our lives. Just to name of few of my own:
- My cell phone and all of its apps (lol)
I wasn’t growing in Christ because I was treating social networks as my daily devotionals. I did not finish any books because I was too busy allowing fun apps to distract me. I couldn’t stay consistent with my blog, exercise, or getting my license because I found other unimportant task to invest my time.
So now I’m thinking: HEY LIFE, IT’S TIME FOR A DETOX!
We are not going to see a change in ourselves until we start making a change in our lives. If you want to accomplish your goals and see your desires fulfilled, you are going to have to stop eating junk food and start eating lettuce. (That was a metaphor lol). I’m trying to say, you have to put the right things in your life if you want to see successful results.
So, this is how you can assure you detox your life effectively to reap the most life enhancing harvest/goals/resolutions:
- Create a reasonable routine/plan: This is something you’ll want to create daily or weekly to fit your schedule. Make everything on this list extremely detailed.
- Limit/Eliminate any distractions: Yes, that means you may want to think about deleting that Candy Crush, Instagram and/or Netflix app. It’s drastic I know, but think about how much time you have to work on your goals. (you’ll thank me later..maybe 🙂 )
- Connect with your support system: Having a family member or friend to encourage you is the best motivation. Now, if you’re thinking that you don’t have a support system you are wrong because I am your family/friend. (May I be apart of your support system? comment to accept my request! )
- Prayer/Quiet Time: As a believer in Christ, this is the most important. Your spiritual life must be healthy and everything shall fall into place. (This reminds me of a scripture hmmm… Matthew 6:33).
You officially have the ingredients to detox your life! Let’s reach these goals together!
P.S. Don’t forget. It’s Life, thats it. ❤